.

.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Falling Snow...


"Lately we had a leafy wilderness, now bare twigs begin to prevail,
 and soon she will surprise us with a mantle of snow." 
~Henry David Thoreau


I walk through the redwoods and under the old oak trees.  Acorns are falling from their branches.  The sky fills with clouds this morning bringing rain.  We live in the valley at the foot of  the Mountains.  When rain comes into our valley, snow falls in our mountains. Its beautiful.  I find this time of year to be restoring.  The heat waves of Summer always leave me parched.  The parks and preserves are bare and still, unless of course it is windy.  But even in the wind there is a stillness to be found.  The emptiness provides the quiet I need.  Nature refills the reservoir of my soul.  

The sheer curtains in the photo above from Jeanne d Arc Living are the same ones that hang in our french door that leads to the garden.  The way the sunlight shines through gives such a gentleness to the room.  I linger in its beauty while sipping tea after my walk.  It is the simple things that bring the wonder.  

Sea Tidings,
Kerrie

Comments are on...