.

.

Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Sunset Washes


"This- is the land- the Sunset washes- These- are the banks of the yellow sea."
~Emily Dickinson


On these quiet wintry days I sip more tea than usual while watching the birds come and go, resting on the bare branches in our garden.  The open sky above the hay fields behind our back gate are wide and full of  marine fog drifting in and out;  a silence, a natural sacredness that draws me into contemplation.  My prayers floating past the birds and through the fog upward and beyond for peace...especially for Paris.   

Peace is my guiding word this year.  I am seeking to have a heart deeply rooted in peace.  So I will pursue the quiet of  the earth where the sunset washes the hem of the horizon... and wait...to know...cultivate... and give.

Sea Tidings,
Kerrie 

"The peace that surpasses all understanding..."


*Photos~ Salt Air Oyster Chart, JDL Amazing Retreats