.

.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Sea Cottage Living

Quiet Cottage Living
a seaside cottage with roses


A new year gives us the opportunity to begin anew.  So here at Sea Cottage I am renewing my heart for quiet cottage living...for I find myself continually drawn to peaceful living.  I am beginning with a fresh white palette that will be filled with faded roses in china, linens, and paintings.  I have begun a new series of English Rose paintings that will find there place in Sea Cottage and my etsy shop.  I am slowly pulling out my  vintage rose covered china to scatter about, as well as my Rachel Ashwell collection of floral linens to drape over wicker chairs and beds. 

 It has been unusually warm this winter so I am embracing the California sunshine and letting the seawater hues replace the greys.   The feeling being one of an English cottage by the sea.  I am currently reading Sense And Sensibility, which could very well be influencing my love of a seaside cottage with roses.  

“I am excessively fond of a cottage; there is always so much comfort, so much elegance about them.” 
― Jane AustenSense and Sensibility

I eagerly welcome a new year of Sea Cottage Living.  I hope you will continue to join me along the way.  

Sea Tidings,
Kerrie


*photo Well Styled Home