Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Saltwater


"Do you know a cure for me?"
"Why yes," he said, "I know a cure for everything.  Salt Water."
"Salt water?"  I asked him.





"Yes," he said
"in one way or the other.  Sweat, or tears, or the salt sea."
"I know of a cure for everything:  salt water..."
Karen Blixen 'Out Of Africa'



  We just spent a week on water's edge at the bird sanctuary, breathing in cold misty air.  We traveled in our white Jeep Wrangler- safari style.  I set up  our camp retreat with white canvas chairs, tiny table, a wicker chair, and vintage cups for tea.   I had the words of Karen Blixen's Out Of Africa novel for inspiration.  The peaceful ebb and flow of the changing tide at the sanctuary was a retreat for the soul.    

washed by the sea 
Kerrie

Peaceful Tidings

visit me on Instagram