.

.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Restful Devotion



A quiet corner for contemplation 


communion and friendship 


our English rose garden is just outside the window


 a vintage chair from my childhood 
the edges tattered and torn; well-loved and cherished


"The contemplative life is a search for peace in the openness of love."
~Thomas Merton


delicate roses from the garden
on a handmade french pottery plate



"May my heart be as a fertile field and Thy grace sprinkle the dew of eternal life upon it."
St. Ephrem the Syrian hermit 373

It's always nice to have a quiet place of your own to sit and ponder.  My contemplative corner is a sacred space in my bedroom where I read, write, and fill my soul with stillness.  I can look out the window that overlooks the English roses, lavender and potager.  Do you have a place of restful devotion?  

washed by the sea...
Sea Tidings,
Kerrie

Photos of Sea Cottage