Friday, January 27, 2017

Seawashed



"The sigh of all the seas breaking in measure round the isles soothed them, the night wrapped them;  nothing broke their sleep, until, the birds beginning and the dawn weaving their thin voices into its whiteness." ~Virginia Woolf


S e a w a s h e d
10 years



I began blogging 10 years ago in January of 2007.  My blog known as  Sea Cottage was simply named after our home in Northern California.  I began blogging the first year we moved into Sea Cottage.  

In the beginning my daily posts were about my quiet cottage life...  of home, homeschooling, gardening, and camping on the coast.   We have a tiny vintage travel trailer ‘The Pearl’ that we use often for  a seaside getaway. As my children began to leave the nest, I began to pursue my art and so my blog became a place to share my studio and artwork. 

In 2010 my brand Seawashed was established and I opened an online shop through etsy.  It is a tiny studio shop that has allowed me to quietly flow in cultivating peace through my artwork.  Original paintings and art with an ocean worn patina. 
  
Over the past two years I have slowed down in blogging and moved on over to Instagram.  I am happy to see so many of you there. I will continue to blog periodically at Sea Cottage but for daily postings visit me on Instagram. 


Thank you for your gentle friendship and support throughout the years, and in the years to come. Like lovely pearls in my pocket I carry you with me on the seawashed shores. 

Sea Tidings,
Kerrie

washed by the sea