Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Roseate Summer

"And if you are a rose, I am rose shadow."
~Rumi








 "of the flowering of blossoms, of the purple waves of the sea."~Woolf





The warmth of the Summer sun nurtures the garden bringing forth an abundance of buds and blossoms.  The English and Tea Roses that we planted are growing well.    Roses are beginning to surround Sea Cottage.  We planted a cottage flower garden in our raised beds this year with only a few vegetables.  We chose white flowers and herbs.  Flowers are everywhere.  Vanilla Sunflowers, white Cosmos, white Verbena, and French thyme are spreading and flowering.  Sweet Peas climb the bamboo and their fragrance fill the air.    The Summer garden overflows with life.  

In the midst of tending the flowers I find myself pausing to sketch all that surrounds me.  Later I retreat to the studio to add the palest of watercolours.   Some of these will be listed in my etsy shop but I am also painting roses for an art show that I was invited to participate in at our local Fine Art Center this Fall.  

A Roseate Summer
and I am rose shadow

washed by the sea
Kerrie


my shop

for daily posts