Monday, December 31, 2012

A Place Far Away


I always watch Out Of Africa to bring in the New Year. Is it because it is the movie that inflamed my heart with dreams so long ago, or is it because of its New Year's Eve scene that always comes to mind? Maybe both, either way it takes me to a place of neverending hope...a place far away from the mundane or troubles of today.




"Give me your lantern and compass, give me a map. So I can find my way to the sacred mountain."Psalm 43





"Uniquely yours in a grove of trees, centered in lotus land. Let me graze in lush Bashan as in the days of green Gilead. " Micah 7:14





May hope rise in all its beauty with the promise of a new year. Keep dreaming, keep believing. ox

Sea Tidings,
Kerrie

14 comments:

  1. Probably one of the top three movies of my life- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love this movie. What a great way to bring in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerrie I have never seen this movie...but I did just finish watching Pride and Prejudice for about the 2 rd time in my life. I love the love and passion they have for one another...breath-taking...
    New Years blessings to you sweet friend xo
    Hugs from afar....

    All my heart,
    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that movie but haven't seen it in a while. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great movie to watch for New Year! Have you seen Beasts of the Southern Wild Kerrie? Don't read anything about it, just watch it through to the end...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a gentle 2013 with love and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my all time favorite movie, ever! i can hear karin saying, "i had a farm in africa..." and the costumes and house and farm and cinematography and music and landscape...not to mention robert redford shampooing her hair on their safari!! love it all!
    happy, happy new year dearest, kerrie.
    erin
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great movie.. I too LOVE that MOVIE.. Thanks for sharing that . Have not thought about that movie for awhile... What a blessing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New year Kerrie..it's late so I am on the computer visiting some of my favorites stops...well one of them. Can you believe I have never seen this movie. I will now. God Bless xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kerrie-- such a beautiful post. This is truly my favorite movie of all time. I start crying the minute she says,"I had a farm in Africa---"

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, this post made me watch the movie this week and I did enjoy it! Now I am reading the book which I also love--I like her descriptive writing and how it creates feelings in my mind and heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful posts you are building in your blog, thank you for sharing all the pretty words and photos

    ReplyDelete
  13. The most beautiful movie I've ever seen... even the french voice of Meryl Streep is soft to my ears...

    ReplyDelete

Words washed ashore...