Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gentleness

Gentleness...the whisper of a feather.



While walking in the early morning frost I came across a very tiny white feather. It whispered to me...be gentle, we are fragile, go slow.



I bent down to get a closer look. It was so small, so delicate, so soft. As I continued on my walk I found myself taking my time, being at rest in my soul, and thought about how hurried life is around me being the last week before Christmas.



Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson


And I wanted to share this with you. This whisper of hope. If you are in a hurry, slow down. If you are fretting, let go. We are all fragile. We can slow down and be gentle with ourselves and one another. We can take the time to be calm and give.
Allow yourself to enjoy these holydays. Breath in whatever goodness surrounds you and smile.



As I continued to walk, I came across another tiny white feather laying on the frosted ground.
It whispered again.



Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. ~Lao Tzu


 
 

May the feather whisper to you too. All is calm.

Christmastide,
Kerrie

*This is a Repost from December 20, 2011.

*photos~ feather watercolors by amber alexander, owl feathers by Peter Sommers, white owl photos google.

8 comments:

  1. I loved reading this and it is very calming. I did a post on my blog about how we all need a breathing space.. That was awesome... Thanks for sharing this with the pictures.. Love that OWL.. just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful post. funnily enough, my friend found a small white feather in her clothes when she took them out of the wardrobe this morning. we laughed and said it was a symbol for cowardice - but I like you idea better :-)

    the feather paintings are so lovely, aren't they?

    blessings to you, may the joy and peace of the season be in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You blessed me today with this post, Kerrie. Sending those blessings back to your sweet soul....

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Kerrie...I took a walk by the shore yesterday and was engulfed in a quiet fog...We are so blessed to live by the shore. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gentleness is a short reach when visiting you. Always gentle and calm when one visits you Kerrie.
    Kerrie if you would like when you get my package you can wrap the box the delivered box tag it to you from me and of course Hannah was by my side when we carefully pondered what to get you and of course what would fit in standing out with your romantic love of calm, quiet, and the rush of dragging waves of the sea.

    Have a beautifully joyful God Jul, a joyeux Noël , a Merry Christ-mas.
    Xox
    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful, Kerrie. What a wonderful message for this holiday season. I adore your little tree also! Thanks for the kind words on my blog (trying to get back to regular blogging again). I am so very happy. I feel like a princess..and to think I never knew this kind of love existed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, that was lovely.

    Blessings from Ohio ... Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog. Love your home and also your sweet vintage trailer. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Words washed ashore...